Thursday

Epilogue

Of course, as many of you pointed out, this nefarious plan was a little elaborate for a birthday present, even a 30th one. You're very clever, its hard to get anything past you. After four lovely days in Prague, on new years eve, amid thousands of drunk Czechs and ex-pats on a frozen Charles Bridge and under a beautiful rain of fireworks, the last piece of the puzzle fell into place. At the spot (almost exactly) depicted in the painting of the bridge in the final clue, I asked Kim to marry me. She said "yes"! That brings the story of my little plan to an end, but more importantly, it begins the story of our happy lives together.

8 comments:

WeSailFurther said...

Congratulations! Yay!

Noah said...

You're lucky that you're not marrying me, Dave. I'd still be sitting in my room, cursing at you and trying to figure out that damn Japanese puzzle box. Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats Dave and Kim! Dave, when you do something, you sure do it right.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kim! I know it's been a long time since we've seen or heard from each other, but I always think of you fondly (my first NY roommate!) and am sooooo happy to hear your news! David's a lucky guy!! All the best!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I need a new boyfriend! That was a beautiful blog (the first I ever read) and a great story. Congratulations to you both. How romantic and what a beautiful shot of Prague with the fireworks. I've never been there but I know where I want to go.

My best to you both and Kim, I'm looking forward to meeting your betrothed.

love,
Virginia

Anonymous said...

Dear David,
You don't know me, but you can come teach English for me anytime! I thoroughky enjoyed reading yur stroy, and I love Kim, too, though of course, understandably not liike you do!
Congratulations! Will there be an encore for the wedding, or will y'all just elope?

Karen Bonnick
Kim's "boss".

OlmanFeelyus said...

Oh great, David, it's obvious from all the comments here that you've now set the bar way too high for the rest of us guys. Nice work, man and congratulations to both of you.

bonnie said...

that is so awesome, ingenious, AND sweet! congratulations you two! i can't wait to hear more about it on tuesday!!!